Comfy Bedding, Brice, IN, 2008 to Present
- Report directly to the Director of Merchandising of fragrances and cosmetics.
- Perform weekly sales analysis based on sales reports for regional and local sales.
- Monitor sales to determine product volume adjustments, replenishments and allocations.
- Demonstrate proficiency on the Richter and FRS systems.
- Collaborate with corporate buyers to facilitate the promotional efforts of new products.
- Ensure the availability of testers and display materials throughout all store locations.
- Coordinate with staff to gather, develop and prepare monthly promotional calendars (Word) reflecting current product launches, contests, commissions, GWPs and PWPs.
- Prepare the Green Book (Excel) providing a listing of product lines, monthly
promotions, discontinued items, order forms and transparencies to be utilized
- Forecast product need and availability; review historical data; and follow
and More Stuff, Crayon, IN, 2005 to 2008
Assistant Merchandiser Buyer
- Reported to Bedding Buyer; assisted with retail merchandise buying of bedding.
- Performed sales analysis and market research on advertising trends.
- Gathered comparative and historical data to develop new sales strategies.
- Prepared sales analysis reports
and correspondence for management review.
- Communicated with store managers across 37 NE locations
on inventory and product availability, pricing, and store promotions; uploaded
data to product database.
- Liaised between vendors and warehousing personnel to expedite product distribution.
- Leveraged exceptional time management, problem solving and customer relations skills.
Wholesale for The Rest of Us, Unionville, IN,
2001 to 2005
Assistant to Vice President of
- Provided administrative support assisting with wholesale merchandise buying of toys.
- Acted as liaison between staff, sales representatives, product manufacturers and brokers.
- Interfaced regularly with major toy manufacturers to obtain new product information, including but not limited to, promotional materials, pricing, descriptions, and UPC codes.
- Communicated orders to warehousing personnel and drivers to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Formulated price breakdowns (manually) based on cost, discounts and freight charges.
- Processed orders; applied credits; and resolved invoicing discrepancies.
- Created and maintained a comprehensive inventory database of product information.
Stephen Arlington College,
Associates in Arts, Merchandising
and PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop; CAD