Seeking a position as Medical Assistant with a progressive medical facility
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced Dermatology Medical Assistant in
office and clinical assisting capacities
- Completed Certified Medical Assistant Program in
- Skilled in computerized scheduling, billing and
insurance claim processing.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of medical
terminology and ICD-9 / CPT coding.
GA, 2004 to Present
- Efficiently manage the front desk in areas of
computerized processes utilizing the Medical Manager to handle scheduling,
billing and collections, medical records and insurance claims (Medicare and
- Assist and observe dermatologists with
patient care procedures that included MOHS surgery and KOH tissue examinations
to perform biopsies of melanomas.
- Process samples to sent to lab for diagnosis of possible pre-cancerous
conditions, fungal cultures, and treatment of acne and rashes.
- Train personnel in all areas of front desk management
and patient relations, ensuring open lines of communication between patients,
staff and physicians
- Communicate effectively with patients and staff to
address and/or resolve problems, inquires and concerns including test results
and topical prescription renewals
- Prepare patients and rooms for physical
examinations; interview patients to obtain medical histories; explain treatment procedures; sterilize equipment; and properly dispose of contaminated
- Handle medical equipment and instruments
including ultrasound cleaners, sterilizer, Comedone extractor, large/small
curette, Iris scissors and scalpel handle.
- Coordinate and follow up on daily
laboratory-related procedures and communications.
Certificate of Completion, Certified Medical
Assistant Program, 2004
Completed coursework in Medical Terminology,